It's great joining a team that doesn't have cliques - everyone is in the same situation and just gets on with enjoying themselves

— Phil Benton, England


Visa Information

To play for Backpackers FC you must be residing in Australia on a valid working visa.

Visas are the player's responsibility and must be granted before entering Australia.

Players wishing to travel to Australia to play for Backpackers FC we advise to apply for an Australian Working Holiday Visa

The information below regarding Australian Working Holiday Visas has been taken from the Australian Immigration Website (http://www.immi.gov.au) and we do not gaurantee it is 100% correct at the time of reading.

Australian Working Holiday Visa  

This is valid for up to 24 months, but carries the following conditions 
• You must be between 18 and 30 years old. 
• You must have a valid passport with at least 1 year until renewal.
• You must have sufficient funds to support yourself when you arrive in Australia. 


Eligible Countries:
Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong*, Italy, Japan, Malta, Norway, Republic of Cyprus**, Republic of Ireland, Republic of Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, Netherlands and the United Kingdom 

*Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China

**Holders of passports from the Republic of Cyprus are not eligible to apply for an electronic working holiday visa, and must lodge their application with their resident Australian Government office.

Citizens of Chile, Thailand, Turkey and the USA must meet the additional requirement: 

You must have graduated from High School or completed an equivalent qualification; for example, a bridging course to university.

Click to apply online or get up to date information on the Australian Working Holiday Visa